NIGERIA-UK HOUSING SOCIETY
The Nigeria-UK Housing Society (NUHS) is a professional body set up to bring together people of mainly Nigerian origin but also those of other African countries who work in the UK housing sector. NUHS is a UK registered not-for-profit organisation and many of our members hold qualifications awarded by the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH).
Opening of the 2nd Centre for Housing
NUHS proudly celebrates the opening of the 2nd Centre for Housing under the funded project. The Centre, in partnership with the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Ghana, was officially opened in November 2014. The first Centre for Housing is at the University of Lagos (UNILAG), Nigeria.
Key priorities for 2015
1. Complete and deliver the DTCA funded project by June 2015.
2. Produce a report for dissemination with key stakeholders
3. Take forward Legacy Plans and Centre Continuity Actions
4. Review and improve partnerships
5. Review our membership process and governance structure
1. Centres for Housing opened in Ghana (KNUST) and Nigeria (UNILAG)
2. Successful visits to 5 African countries; Ghana, South Africa, Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria, as part of the DTCA Project
3. Specification for CIH Membership in Africa, signed off by CIH and NUHS
4. MOUs signed with Uganda and Ghana
5. Successful monitoring visit by funders and reporting requirements of the AfDB Grant.